Harmonia 3.1.0 (Fall 2020)
By Rick Taube - June 13, 2020
- Faster downloading and installation.
- Automatic installation of new versions.
- Insures that our app meets the host's reliability, security, and permissions standards.
- Enables in-app purchasing as another way for students to join your course. Note that in-app purchasing entails a surcharge determined by the app stores; to avoid extra cost students can continue to enroll in courses using their dashboard on our website.
Important reminder: We are retiring the Harmonia 2 app at the end of this year. On Jan 1 2021 the app will no longer be available for downloading and our Harmonia2 course server will be permanently shut down.
New Features in Harmonia 3.1.0
- Harmonia now runs on Mac, iPad, Windows and Android and is available as a free download from all the app stores.
- Added Next Page and Previous Page commands to the View menu. Keyboard shortcuts are Command-] and Command-[.
- The confusing labels "cV64" and "CV64" for cadential six-four chords have been replaced by "cad64". The labels "I64" and "i64" are still available.
- Documents are now centered within the window when the window size is larger than the document size.
- Improved controls layout in the multiple choice editor and teachers can now see how many answers have been assigned as correct.
- Harmonia now supports more than one color scheme; schemes can be selected in the Preferences panel.
- Convert to Assessment dialog now appears on the Assessments panel in the Music Editor, equivalent to Harmonia2.
- Page Layout editor now supports setting the document margin width and height and the padding width and height between pages.
- Harmonia apps can be placed in "lab mode" by performing the following steps:
- Start the application and select the About Harmonia... page.
- With the About Harmonia... page open, type lab on your keyboard to change Harmonia into a lab-aware app. Information in the About window will change to reflect the new status of the app.
- If Harmonia is currently in "lab mode", type lab again to toggle Harmonia back to "individual mode".
Bug Fixes in Harmonia 3.1.0
- Copy/paste now works on all document objects (scores, text boxes, multiple choices questions, etc.)
- Double-click to select word now works in text boxes.
- Cutting/pasting of document objects within and between documents now works.
- Delete key now performs a backspace if nothing is selected.
- Fixed numerous crashing bugs when importing MusicXml files that contain xml errors or unsupported features.
- Fixed layout bug involving scores that are repositioned across multiple pages.
- Menu commands that switch the control panels now ensure the panel is open so user can see it.
- Students can now re-open and export a graded file if uploading has failed (previously, their only chance to export the file was before the app was closed).
- TAs can no longer save files.
- The current working directory is now saved in the preference file.
- Fixed notes and rests on second system auto-dragging to highest line/space possible.
- Fixed bug in roman composition grading that ignored the key in a modulating exercise.
- Fixed rare issue with single-submission assignments being "stuck" in a state where they can't be uploaded.
- Fixed Upload... command so that students can retry sending any graded documents that didn't upload.